Electric Vehicles, EV batteries & Critical Raw Materials
Over the past years, we have been helping our clients in finding solutions for the collection, reuse and recycling for Electric Vehicle traction batteries. If you are a producer, end-user or recycler of large li-ion based Industrial Batteries, we can help you for instance in the following areas:
- Producer Responsibility for EV traction batteries and other large industrial Li-ion batteries (LIB)
- Regulatory requirements (e.g. forthcoming revision of the EU Battery Directive) and safety guidelines (ADR regulations) related to the packaging, transportation, disassembly, reuse and recycling of large Li-ion batteries
- Best available technologies (BAT) and leading service providers for the recycling of large Li-ion batteries (LIB), and for the recovery of valuable and hazardous raw materials in End-of-Life (EoL) Li-ion and NiMh industrial batteries
- Modelling the future development of Electric Vehicle (EV) markets in Finland, and identifying the implications on the battery recycling and critical raw materials markets.
In addition, we are following closely the latest developments in the field of Critical Raw Materials (CRM). For several years we have been working closely with the National Emergency Supply Agency (NESA) of Finland in the field of critical minerals, metals and chemicals.
Dr. Jarkko Vesa, CEO of Not Innovated Here, presenting at the 23rd International Congress for Battery Recycling (ICBR 2018) in Berlin, September 26-28, 2018.
For over 20 years we have been helping both established companies and start-ups in strategic planning, business model creation and strategy implementation work. Our special area is understanding the impact of regulation and legislation in the strategy.
EU Regulation and industrial policies
The European Union is currently implementing or finalizing extensive new legislation for critical raw materials (CRM) and batteries. The implementation of the new EU Battery Regulation has just started and there will be major new requirements for the producers and importers of batteries. Likewise, the forthcoming EU Critical Raw Materials Act (CRMA) brings a plethora of new requirements for critical minerals and metals through the whole supply chain. Our special area is understanding the impact of regulation and legislation in the strategy. We follow also closely the development and implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) legislation in the U.S.
For instance, Critical Raw Materials, Circular Economy and Recycling will be strong themes in the coming years.
- Identifying regulatory changes and their impact (Battery Regulation, CRMA)
- Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and its impact on the European mining, refining and battery industries
- The new opportunities created by Circular Economy (Re-manufacturing, Re-use, Recycle)
- Battery Regulation and Battery Passport
- Improving the recycling of WEEE / e-Waste
- Evolution of battery technologies and the recycling of Industrial / Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Batteries.
We can help you in all these challenging areas which are critical for the success in the future.
Other services we offer:
- Strategy consulting
- Corporate Governance
- Process Development
- Innovation Processes
We look forward to working with you!